16 Technology Phrases That Would Have Sounded Crazy 25-30 Yrs Ago
Have you ever actually listened to some of the phrases you speak on a daily basis? Clouds have been around since the dawn of time but if you would have said to someone in a diner/cafe 25-30 years ago that you were going to work from the cloud, they probably would have thought you were just joking about Lando Calrissian’s home in The Empire Strikes Back. (That’s Cloud City for all you non-Star Wars aficionados.)
So, with that obscure Star Wars reference out of the way, here’s a list of 16 technology phrases that would have sounded crazy had you uttered them 25-30 years ago.
- Are you going to be working from the Cloud?
- You can do What-if’s while surfing on your mobile.
- How many followers do we have?
- Our internet is down so we can’t watch TV.
- My book is running low. I’ll need to plug it in.
- Do you have a PayPal?
- Just Google it.
- Can we Skype in 30 minutes?
- Do you have Apple’s new Leopard?
- I wasn’t aware that Android released KitKat.
- How many gigs does your phone have?
- Who’s responsible for posting our company tweets?
- We need to increase our likes.
- I look forward to drones delivering from Amazon.
- We need to blog at least once a week.
- I’ve gone over my data.