Written by Mike Bernaiche, February 16th 2023
It is time again to discuss what is new in Planning Analytics Workspace 2.0.84. In February 2023, IBM released updates to workspace and while this isn’t a large update there are a few items of note that make an already great product even better. As a reminder, IBM releases updates to workspace every month.
Books and Reporting
- Synchronization for Visualizations Improvements – in previous versions, the user interface showed dimensions instead of labels. You now see the hierarchy synchronization option in the Synchronize feature under Visualization properties. Dimension names also display above the hierarchy names now for easy identification.
- New Forecast Capabilities for Line Chart – Line visualization now includes 3 slots for forecast. High bound, Low bound and Forecast. As with current forecasting capabilities, High bound and Low bound are used to draw the envelope and Forecast indicates the forecasted values. Additionally, you must specify a Forecast start to indicate when the forecast data starts.
- View Section Icons – To enable or disable section icons in the cube viewer, click View options, and then toggle section icons by clicking the check box next to Section icons.
Applications and Plans
Revert Approvals in Plans – plan owners can now revert approvals in plans. To revert a task approval:
- Open the plan in edit mode.
- Under Plan tasks, click the Submissions link on a task to open the Submissions log.
- Click Pending approval or completed to find the approved submission. Submissions that require multiple approvals and were only partially approved are under Pending approval. Submissions that were fully approved are under Completed.
- Click the menu next to the task for which you want to cancel an approval and select Revert approval.
- Select the approver group(s) from whom you want to remove approval(s) and click Revert.
Where there are multiple approvers for a task, when you revert an approval, approval is also removed from any next-in-line approvers. In the following example, if you remove Group A's approval, Group B's is also removed. Both Group A and Group B will need to approve the submission again.
- Copy Object Names from Database Tree - You can now copy name objects from the Databases tree. You can copy the object name into your clipboard by hovering your cursor over the item that you want to copy and then pressing CTRL+C (Windows) or CMD+C (Mac). When copying the object name for a member, the value copied is the MUN (Member Unique Name).
- Turbo Integrator Debugger - The process editor in Planning Analytics Workspace includes a debugger user interface that allows you to set line breakpoints, continue to the next breakpoint, and step over to the next line. Conditional breakpoints are also supported. You can enable the debug mode only on one process at a time. A welcome addition!
- Rename levels in Dimension Editor –
In Planning Analytics Workspace 2.0.84, the classic dimension editor is no longer available from the modeling workbench. The classic dimension editor remains available on books.
All dimension creation and maintenance in the modeling workbench must now be performed in the new experience dimension editor. The new experience dimension editor was introduced on the modeling workbench in Planning Analytics Workspace 2.0.82.
Thank you for taking the time to read about what’s new in Planning Analytics 2.0.84. To catch up on previous version you can check out these blogs here.
What's New in Planning Analytics Workspace 83
What's New in Planning Analytics Workspace 82
If you are running Planning Analytics Workspace in a Microsoft Environment, you MUST read this blog!