If you have ever moved older models from IBM Cognos Planning to a new release, you may not have noticed the “Expand and Collapse” functionality which was added a few versions ago. Maybe older clients did not experience it because it’s only available if the dlist fits the rules for expand and collapse.
The rules for expand and collapse are:
• The dimension must not be a time dimension.
• The dimension’s items must all be detail or simple sums.
• Do not use weighted or time averages.
• Do not use the Force to Zero calculation option.
• Priorities can only be 0 or 10.
• Do not use any formatting.
So, if you have formation or force to zero options on the dlist, which is often the case, the collapsing functionality will not appear in Contributor.
In the rare event your dlist meets all the rules above and you don’t want the collapse function, which will reorder your dlist items in Contributor, the solution is simple: Put a format on one of the dlist items and sync and GTP. It will eliminate the collapsing functionality.
For more information on Cognos Planning or any other IBM Cognos software, feel free to email us at Sales@LodestarSolutions.com or even better yet…give us a call!