Written by Mike Bernaiche, January 18th, 2024
IBM recently introduced a new partnership and offering for Planning Analytics. Planning Analytics as a Service on AWS brings together impressive planning and forecasting software with the power of AWS. While this offering is available to anyone, I would suggest the sweet spot is for those who have smaller teams and have AWS credits that can be utilized. Below I will expand on the offering and why I think this is an incredible opportunity for clients.
What is Planning Analytics as a Service on AWS?
IBM Planning Analytics as a Service on AWS refers to the deployment of IBM Planning Analytics, a performance management and business analytics solution, in a cloud environment hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). This deployment model allows organizations to leverage the benefits of cloud computing for their planning, budgeting, forecasting, and analytical needs.
Key Features of Planning Analytics as a Service on AWS
Just as you would come to expect with Planning Analytics on-premise or SaaS (IBM cloud) you get the following with Planning Analytics as a Service on AWS.
- Interactive web experience - Workspace, the IBM Planning Analytics interactive and customizable web interface, provides a single, self-service experience for business users.
- Native Microsoft Excel interface- Continue to use the Excel interface to leverage and automate existing spreadsheets while connected to the Planning Analytics solution.
- Real-time decision-making ability - Support unlimited data volumes and users, providing real-time aggregation and calculation–without compromising on performance.
- Secured, Governed, and Compliant - Rest assured that your critical financial and operational analytical data is properly secured and governed.
- Highly Visual Analysis and Reporting - Don’t export data to external tools. Easily produce a variety of graphical charts within multi-tab displays to provide deep analysis.
- Powerful Modeling - Move from conventional to advanced scenario modeling including “what-if” analysis. Run calculations and analyze large data sets quickly and easily.
3 Offers for Planning Analytics as a Service on AWS
- Essentials – Perfect for small teams who want to create faster, more accurate plans and forecasts. Uncover deep insights and adjust plans in real-time without having to export data to other tools.
- Standard – Tailored for companies that want to harness AI to plan smarter, pivot quickly, and feel confident with trusted insights. Anticipate outcomes and adapt to changing demands at the speed of business.
- Premium - Designed for large enterprises that want to integrate business planning across every part of the organization.
Prepare for tomorrow with an AI-powered planning solution that can handle your business's complexities.
What is included?
As you can see there is a plan for everyone! Unless you have a large finance and accounting team, the standard will be great for most. Essentials provided a great entry point with a minimum of 5 users.
The good news, as you grow you move from essentials, to standard or standard to premium. Scalability is easy and seamless.
The cost of entry is very reasonable, better than you will find with any competing planning solution for what you get with IBM Planning Analytics as a Service on AWS.
There you have it! An excellent solution at a great price providing awesome planning and forecasting features. Maybe you own planning analytics and are looking to move to software as a service on the cloud. Perhaps you do not own a planning solution today or are in the process of exploring. If so, reach out to us today at email@example.com. We can provide all the information you need to make an informed decision. To learn more about the latest version of Planning analytics check out these blogs: