Written by Lodestar Solutions, November 23rd 2022
Every year we gather around the table with our family and friends and give thanks for all that we have. This year the Lodestar team has so much to thankful for, and below is just a little piece from each of us at Lodestar Solutions.
Many of you that follow me, know I do “what’s my number” and “3 gratefuls” every day. But at Thanksgiving I like to look back at the year to give thanks. This year there is so much to be thankful for, but I’ll list a few of the top
1. My family – Without them I would not be whom I am today. My 80 something parents are doing well and very active, especially mom the pickleball champion. My husband Gary is extremely supportive of my crazy goals and makes me laugh every day. And I can’t leave out the boys, our two golden retrievers that emit their super chill vibe. But more importantly they have my back. I always know in good or bad my family will be there. This is so important because without their safety net, I would not have the courage to try new things, take bigger risks and be willing and able to fail. Guess you could say I fail because of my family and that’s a good thing.
“You are the Average of the Five People You Spend the Most Time With” - Jim Rohn
2. The Lodestar Team – I am so thankful for our amazing Lodestar Team and Partners. Their energy and commitment to serving our clients are unsurpassed. Their positivity infects all our clients and makes work fun. According to Jim Rohn, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” And I am grateful I get to spend my time with the Lodestar Solutions team and clients.
3. Finally, I am grateful for Mother Nature. Although she can show her furry, she provides such amazing events and views. I cherish her imagination and creativity as often as I can. Watching her spell bounding sunsets and sunrises, climbing her majestic peaks, or witnessing the first snowfall energize me. When I am stressed, upset or just feeling down, I go outside take a hike and immediately feel better. Mother Nature seems to put everything in perspective. I just wish more of us could respect and honor her more.
So, I guess you could say I am thankful for FAMILY across the board. My immediate family, the Lodestar Solutions Family and Mama Nature, all inspire me, challenge me, and most of all make me feel grateful!
As I inch close to that magic birthday of 50 years old, I find myself thinking about things vastly different than I did even just a few years ago. As I think about things, I also find myself being thankful for more and thinking about trivial things less. When you boil it down, I’m really thankful for so much but here are the top things I’m thankful for this year.
1. Family – I have an amazing family and wife that I cherish every day. Casey is an incredible wife and mother. Our kids are all adults now, with 2 in college and 1 who entered the work world after graduating college last year. Yes, we are basically empty nesters now. While that is strange, I’m so very thankful our kids are doing well, and our relationships are incredibly strong. My parents and in-laws are getting older, and I appreciate all the time we get to spend together. Finally, my dogs are aging as well and I’m thankful I work from home and get to spend time with them each day.
2. Health – As I mentioned, I’m approaching 50 this year and my health is generally good. Yes, I take a statin for cholesterol and had that “wonderful” test you get when you approach this age. Folks, go get a colonoscopy, it is so important and can identify something that is so treatable if caught early. Overall, my family is healthy. What I’m most thankful for in this category is that someone chose to give the gift of life through organ donation. My mother-in-law was in kidney failure and through someone’s tragic loss, she received a new kidney almost a year ago and is doing really well. I know this is an individual decision and I encourage everyone to make it known if you wish to be an organ donor and save a life.
3. Lodestar – Having a job that keeps you fulfilled and gives you purpose is a blessing. I enjoy the daily grind of work and it is because of the people I work with every day, both internal and external. Really Lodestar could be categorized under family, because that is how much I care about the people I work with.
I wish each of you a very thankful Thanksgiving and a wonderful holiday season!
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” Psalm 107:1.
1. Faith - I know that my blessings come from my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I am so thankful for his goodness in my life. I’m thankful for my church family that supports me and my little family.
2. Family - This year has flown by. Navigating life with 3 boys, now 5 and under has been well….insane! However, I know the days are long, but the years are short. Our boys are Lucas (5), Cooper (4) and Hunter (18 months). I am so blessed to have such a supportive family that partners with me to raise our boys. And I couldn’t do any of this without my hard-working hubby. One of the things I appreciate the most about him is no matter how long of a day he may have had at work as soon as he walks in the door, he jumps into dad mode. He truly enjoys doing bedtime with our boys and he rocks at it! He is never too tired to read them their books at night and hear all about their days.
3. Friends - The street I live on is called Calvin Ct. And all of us on the street have named ourselves the, “Calvin Ct. Crew.” There are 17 kids under 7 that live on the street plus many older siblings. These people aren’t just my neighbors, they are my friends. From the constant asking each other what house our kids are at, to the late-night mom time hiding in the hot tub from our kids. I know these friends have got my back. They have become my village and I and so grateful for them.
4. Sports! Did you know my husband and I met through church softball? It’s such a fun story and I love every detail of how God used softball to bring us together. But whether it’s playing softball with my husband or going to watch our littles play whatever they are feeling this month, currently it’s basketball and baseball, I love it! Playing a sport and exercising teach discipline and teamwork and these are so valuable for my kids to learn.
Along with playing softball I am thankful for my local gym that I attend. I may not make it every day, but the days I do make it are better because of it. The encouragement and challenge that I receive from the coaches and members makes me a better person and momma. Whether it’s trying to do the heavier weights or working on my boxing form. I’m thankful for this consistent positive in my life.
We all have many things we can be thankful for, and those were just a few! We at Lodestar hope you know that we are thankful for our clients and hope that you have a fantastic holiday with your friends and family!