Written by Mike Bernaiche, September 15th 2022
On September 1, 2022, IBM released Planning Analytics Workspace 79 or 2.0.79. There are a number of enhancements, especially within the applications and plans area in this update. I wrote and spoke about this in a prior blog post titled, What is Coming in Applications and Plans. Well in Planning Analytics Workspace 79, we now have a lot of what is coming. Please read below for more details.
Latest versions of Planning Analytics Components. We highly recommend staying up to date on versions for all the fixes contained in the below link.
- Planning Analytics Workspace – 2.0.79
- Planning Analytics for Excel – 2.0.80
- Planning Analytics TM1 Web – 2.0.79
- Planning Analytics Server – 18.104.22.168
For all fixes in each component of Planning Analytics please see below link.
IBM Planning Analytics 2.0 Fix Lists
Applications and Plans
- Track and report on plan progress with the new Overview Report. You can view a plan oriented report on the progress of your plan in Planning Analytics Workspace 79.
- The Overview Report contains 3 main areas:
- Timeline - The Timeline panel shows the status of tasks within a plan against a timeline, which can be configured to show either months or weeks.
- Contributions - The Contributions panel provides details for individual contributions in a plan.
- Plan Progress - The Plan Progress panel displays progress for all contributions and for individual tasks in a plan.
- Send email reminders to contributors of a plan. You can now send an email reminder to plan contributors from the Contributions panel of the Overview report.
- Set task dependencies to automate plans. You can now automatically open a task upon completion of one or more dependent tasks. When you create or edit a task, use the Task Dependency option on the Task Details tab to set the dependencies.
- Set a task start and end date
- Planning Analytics Workspace Classic no longer available on Cloud 2.0.79 – guidance was previously given that in 2.0.79 the classic workspace was no longer available.
- Features and Configurations Tiles – Separated into two tabs now in the administrator area to make your experience easier.
- Configure an Inactivity Timeout on cloud – previously this was set to 60 minutes. You are now able to set as you see fit.
- Process editor only available on Workbench – Starting in Planning Analytics Workspace 79, the process editor is only available on the Workbench.
- Use new interface to manage chores in a specific process – simplifies chore management by presenting two distinct options when you open the context menu for a process in the Databases tree: Edit related chores and remove from chores.
- Select multiple variables in process editor - You can now select multiple variables in the process editor. When multiple variables are selected, you can apply any option on the selected variables bar to multiple variables simultaneously.
- Apply formatting to an axis in a visualization
- Wrap text in data cells – you can now format string values in a data cell to wrap text.
- Chore Editor to only be available on the Workbench in Planning Analytics 81.
Well, there you have it! Everything that is new in Planning Analytics Workspace 79. Applications and Plans provides a ton of enhancements and if you are using this, you should look to upgrade as soon as possible to take advantage of these great new features. IBM continues to update Planning Analytics bringing a ton of new functionality to make your planning experience industry best. If you want to discuss an upgrade or see a demo of the latest and greatest, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.