September 5, 2019
In July 2019, IBM released Cognos Analytics 11.1.3. With the new release came many new features and enhancements. Ever since IBM released Cognos Analytics, they have been releasing updates on a regular basis, about 4-5 times per year. Cognos Analytics 11.1.4 should be released sometime in October. I only have space to discuss a few of the important enhancements in this blog. If you would like a complete list, you can check out this link.
Cognos Analytics Cloud
The IBM Secure Gateway allows you to consume your on-premise data securely.
- Changes to default map style – this is just a visual change and you have the option to move back to the old style.
- Target for bar and column visualizations – target has been added to bar and column charts to make comparing to a target measure easier.
- Filter function on a visualization has been improved. You can search or manually input items.
- New Compare button to duplicate a visualization and make a side by side comparison. This also creates a summary of key information.
Cognos Analytics Assistant
When Cognos Analytics 11.1 was released a new Assistant was introduced. In Cognos Analytics 11.1.3 some enhancements have been made.
- Type ahead support (suggestions based on columns in your data)
- Improved usability
- Understands aggregations and filters (total, top/bottom)
- Generate a complete dashboard based on your data.
- Check box to limit the exploration default view to the primary relationship
- Filter slider to set boundaries for relationship strength
- New Save as Story to make a copy of exploration and turn it into a story.
- Share content by email – you can now share Cognos Analytics content via email.
- Export dashboard to pdf
- Type 2 JDBC drivers need to be copied to Cognos Analytics install_location\drivers directory.
As you can see there are a number of new or changed features in Cognos Analytics 11.1.3. Have you upgraded from Cognos BI 10.2.x yet? Lodestar has a great program to get you started. Check out this blog for tons of information.
Want to network with others in the Cognos world and learn about these new features and more? Check out the IBM Data and AI Forum in October.
If you have any questions regarding Cognos Analytics 11.1.3 upgrades or the Data and AI forum, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.