Cognos Framework Manager package as a Data Source in TM1
How do I use a Cognos Framework Manager package as a data source in TM1? Your Cognos Framework Manager Development Team has gone through the process of identifying, converging, and formatting various data sources to create a single business view of your corporate data. However, you need the exact same information for budgeting and forecasting models. Instead of reinventing the wheel and going through the entire process (identifying, converging and formatting) again, you can import data from a Cognos BI package via a Turbo Integrator process into the TM1 server.
You will need to install Cognos TM1 Package Connector. This requires the following:
- Cognos TM1 9.5.1 or later
The Cognos TM1 Package Connector must be installed on both the Cognos TM1 server and the administrative client machines where Turbo Integrator processes are being created for any data source you are using
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Server (see the Cognos BI Information Center for specific versions supported)
- IBM Cognos Framework Manager for package creation
- If your data source is SAP, then SAP Business Warehouse is required
- 32-bit database client software is required on all platforms where the Cognos TM1 Package Connector is installed for the specific data source being used (for SAP BW, this requires the SAP GUI or the SAP RFCSDK library files and DLL’s)
- Once Cognos TM1 Package Connector is installed, create a new process either in TM1 Architect or Performance Modeler:
- Enter in the IBM Cognos BI Server Address (the portal address). Test it and then log on.
- Finally, select the Package Location from its location in Cognos Connection.