IBM introduces support for multitenancy Cognos BI in Release 10.2.1
The first question you are probably asking yourself is… “What in the world is multitenancy Cognos BI?” In short, it is a powerful feature that allows the BI administrator to deploy Cognos to multiple independent customers or business units, utilizing one install of the platform itself.
In the newest release of Cognos BI 10.2.1, IBM has improved multitenancy in a number of ways:
- A dedicated multitenancy tab has been added in the administration console for ease of maintenance
- This allows you to easily add or remove tenants
- You can configure a default profile for each tenant
- Cancel user requests for a specific tenant
- Run content store usage reports based on a specific tenant
- Set up tenants quickly, even those with difficult security setups
My guess is there are many of us out there who will benefit from this great addition to the BI platform. Upgrade today to Cognos BI 10.2.1 and start reaping the MANY benefits, which include better multitenancy support, visualizations and RAVE, enhancements to Report Studio, Workspace, Workspace Advanced, Active Reports, as well as major performance optimizations and support for many of the market leaders in the big data arena.
If you like this blog on multitenancy Cognos BI and we hope you did , please check out our tips on nesting IF statements in Cognos BI. Click here to read more.
Our services team is ready to help you be successful with your environment and setting up multitenancy. It can be confusing and stressful to set up. Let us help you today! Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also join our exclusive club with access to the latest news, free training and tips, click here to join.