November 7, 2019
Cognos Analytics 11.1.4 was released in October 2019 and this is a big release with tons of new features and enhancements! Below you will find all the details you need to know. Also, you will find a link to our training on Nov 14, 2019 that will provide a hands-on training in Chicago to a lot of the new features in Cognos Analytics 11.1.4.
Redesigned User Interface
A new welcome page is the first thing you will see with the new upgrade. This page introduces an alerts banner that will provide important maintenance announcements and info regarding new or changed items each time you upgrade.
Dashboards in Cognos Analytics 11.1.4 received a bunch of great new updates.
- Custom Visualizations – you are now able to create your own visualizations in CA. For more information click here.
- Forecasting – an automated set of tools for modeling on time dependent data. Click here for details on how to use forecasting within visualization.
- Visualization Legends – Legends are more compact and you have the ability to adjust the space the legend takes up in your visualization.
- Waterfall Visualization – new to Cognos Analytics 11.1.4 dashboards.
- KPI Visualization - new to Cognos Analytics 11.1.4 dashboards.
- Crosstab Improvements – resize column width and height, text formatting, wrap text, null suppression and many others.
Explorations received a number of new updates in Cognos Analytics 11.1.4.
- Waterfall Visualization – new to Cognos Analytics 11.1.4 explorations.
- KPI Visualization - new to Cognos Analytics 11.1.4 explorations.
- Forecasting – see dashboards above.
- Compare 2 Visualizations – enhancements can be found here.
- Export to PDF –
- Multipurpose widgets
- Exact entry and exit times
For more information on what is new to stories click here.
- Custom Visualizations
- Visualization Legends
For more information on what is new to reporting click here.
- Range Joins – you can now create joins between tables with specific ranges as values for matched columns.
- New Join Optimization Filters – unique values in subquery and unique or range of values.
- Numeric or Text Style for Numeric Data Groups –
- New Properties Access Point – There is now a properties icon available to use.
For more information on what is new to modeling click here.
- Customized Alerts – Admins can now create customized alerts messages via the new alerts banner.
- Global Parameters – Admins can now set global parameters without having to customize them for roles.
- New Capabilities and Renamed License Role – For more info check out this link.
- New Samples – Samples created with new custom visualizations and The Weather Company data set. For info on importing The Weather Company data visit this site.
As you can see there is a ton of new items with Cognos Analytics 11.1.4. The new visualizations and the ability to create custom visualizations is huge! Take your analytics to the next level and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the upgrade process!
Lodestar is hosting a new features training on November 14, 2019 in Chicago! You can find all the information and how to sign up here.
Fear not – if you are unable to make the in person training we will be releasing an online version soon! Please send us an email at email@example.com if you are interested in the online training. We will let you know when it is released.