November 25th, 2020
As the Lodestar team is preparing for our end of year we wanted to share some Thankful Thoughts with all of you. 2020 has been a different year for everyone. You could describe it as tough, frustrating and exhausting. But despite the challenges that have been thrown at us this year, we all have much to be thankful for in 2020.
Thankful Thoughts from Heather Cole
2020 was a year of change. As whole I agree with the rest of the world it was not a good year with COVID, but I like to turn lemons into lemonade and as a result I think 2020 has been one of my best years ever! Yes, crazy right? But not all the effects of the COVID world were negative. And I like to always focus on the positive.
Therefore, I am grateful for:
- COVID making me realize what is important in life! Friends, family and health!
- The fact that despite several family members getting COVID everyone is healthy and thriving.
- COVID giving me the nudge and maybe the courage to get married and doing it on zoom.
- Having the most amazing husband, who was willing to put his career and gypsy soul on hold to marry an American and apply for a green card.
- COVID motivating our organization to provide even more value to our clients, especially in struggling industries. See our previous blog on adding value.
- The amazing Lodestar Solutions team members, partners and clients. They show up with positive attitudes every day and make the magic happen.
- Zoom for keeping us all connected. Heck even my almost 80-year-old mother is a zoom expert now, she wasn’t going to miss the wedding.
- Finally, I am grateful for the best clients in the world! You guys inspire me, challenge me, and make me a better person!
So, how about you? What are you grateful for?
Thankful Thoughts from Mike Bernaiche
2020 has been an unprecedented year for the world. Icons of different industries have passed. This includes but not limited to - NBA star and his daughter, Kobe and Gianna Bryant, Supreme Court Justice, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Black Panther Actor, Chadwick Boseman, TV stars Alex Trebek and Regis Philbin, original James Bond, Sean Connery, legendary guitarist, Eddie Van Halen and congressman and civil right icon, John Lewis.
Along with these losses the United States has lost 250,000+ citizens to the COVID pandemic and the world has lost over a million more and growing daily. People continue to worry about their jobs, the economy and their health and loved ones as the pandemic surges. With all this tragedy, it is important to take a moment and think about what you are thankful for. Here is my list of thankful thoughts.
I’m first and foremost thankful for my faith that I can lean on through tough times. I’m thankful for my wife and children. My wife and oldest daughter were both sick throughout the year with COVID and they have both recovered well. With preexisting conditions, I was worried for many weeks. Thankful that Lodestar Solutions is a company that is agile and shifted accordingly to changing economic conditions due to the pandemic. (See our recent blog, 5 Tips to Hosting a Virtual User Group).
We have all had to change what and how we are doing things and Lodestar is having one of the best years in its history. I’m thankful for a boss that cares not only about clients but employees and provides us with opportunities to grow and improve. I’m thankful for good friends, a roof over my head and food on my table. Was this year different because we stayed in and didn’t do a whole lot outside of the home, yes. Was it stressful at times, yes. Do I realize that I’m fortunate that my family and I have weathered this storm pretty well, YES.
My wish and prayer for all during this holiday season is to sit back and be thankful for what you have, be considerate and helpful to those who may be going through more difficult times and that we come together as a people to beat this pandemic. Let’s get back to the gatherings, the fun, the sporting events, and concerts, back to work and back to as much normal as possible.
Thank you for your support of Lodestar over the years. All of us at Lodestar are incredibly thankful for you.
Thankful Thoughts from Christina Vandeveer
2020 has been a whirlwind of a year for my family and me. This was my first year not working outside of the home and being a, “work from home mom.” I embraced this new role as I was able to spend more time with our two boys, ages 3 and 2 and work. I had childcare two days a week so I could still “adult” and then have intentional time with the kids. And then… COVID.
For many this forced families to work out of their homes. Husbands and wives split time caring for their kids and working. I watched as my neighbors all took lunch breaks together from work or virtual school and enjoyed time together as families. That wasn’t the case for our family. You see, my husband Richard delivers for UPS and when everyone was forced to stay in, he was forced to stay out. The Christmas “peak” season ended and a short while later it’s like it began again. Online ordering skyrocketed and he was pushed to mandatory six-day weeks again. His mom moved in with us for the first two months of quarantine to help give her some companionship, and me!
The craziness of Richard’s work never really slowed down, and now we are back into the holiday, “peak” season once again. It would be easy to sit here and complain about being stuck at home with two toddlers and another baby on the way, #teamgirl! Or stress about time away from my husband. But that is not what I am going to choose to do, I am going to choose to be thankful! Here are some of my thankful thoughts:
- The love and grace of my Heavenly Father.
- My family, that they live close by and we work as a team to weather the storm of life together. They are my best friends!
- My gym, TRVFIT Fitness in Pinckney, Michigan. They have come up with creative ways to keep us engaged and still reaching our health and fitness goals even when we can’t meet. I lost 20 lbs. during quarantine and competed in my first ever exercise competition.
- My husband and his work ethic and love for our family. We are a team, and I couldn’t choose a better one!
- UPS, for going out when others need to stay in. For providing a wonderful job for my husband.
- COVID forcing many of us to slow down. I was able to truly connect with my neighbors this year and form new friendships because I wasn’t distracted with the busyness of life.
- My job at Lodestar Solutions and the opportunity it provides me to still learn and expand my knowledge outside of my at home, “toddler world.”
- Co-workers and a boss who value giving back to others! See our previous blog, Lodestar Gives Back.
- Our clients. Often you are the only adult interaction I may have in a day and I appreciate our conversations.
Long story short, 2020 was tough. But I have so much to be thankful for. My encouragement to you is, don’t rush off into 2021 without taking a moment to focus on all the good that did come out of this past year. If you look, you will find it!
Let’s finish 2020 strong together. Lodestar is here for all your IBM Licensing needs. Contact us at email@example.com.