Lodestar Solutions is Hiring - TM1 Consultant Needed
TM1 Consultant Overview
Are you an expert in Cognos TM1? Do you have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access or SQL with exposure to budgeting/forecasting and reporting? Do you work in accounting/finance but find more fun in your job creating macros to automate tasks or looking for ways to improve the status quo? Are you a confident communicator who can interface equally well with technology teams and business-side managers? Are you looking for an opportunity to put your problem solving and analytical skills to use? Are you interested in helping businesses solve business challenges by leveraging world class technology solutions? We want to hear from you! TM1 consultant needed!
Lodestar Solutions is a leading provider of Cognos Performance Management solutions. Our clients in Chicagoland, Florida and other locations are in need of a Cognos TM1 consultant to assist them with their implementation efforts and to provide support for their financial models. We want to meet candidates who combine top-notch technical and analytical skills with excellent communication abilities (verbal and written), an independent, self-starter who will persevere in any situation. May be required to travel up to 50%. Some projects will be remote; others may require an onsite presence.
TM1 Consultant Responsibilites
· Coach clients in the development of budget and forecast models using IBM Cognos TM1
· Develop budget and forecast models using Cognos TM1 based on client requirements
· Provide client support for existing budget and forecast models.
· Assist clients with change management activities related to process change, application roll-outs and user training
· Assist with the development of enterprise standards, processes and controls
· Work closely with Information Technology groups to help ensure the proper deployment and support of the budgeting tools
· Assist in integrating the Cognos TM1 with Cognos’ reporting and analysis tools.
· Provided clients with Process Documentation and Process Improvement recommendations
TM1 Consultant - Traits and Qualities
· Excellent organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
· Superb verbal and written communication skills
· Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
· Team player with a willingness to go "above and beyond"
· Ability to prioritize among multiple competing tasks with little managerial guidance
· Experience with Agile/Scrum. Scrum Master Certification a Plus.
TM1 Consultant Qualifications and Skills
· MBA or Bachelors Degree + 3 years experience
· Excellent hands on knowledge of Cognos TM1
· Knowledge of Cognos Planning is very beneficial.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access including experience creating macros, is an absolute must
· Knowledge of Business Objects, Cognos, Hyperion Essbase, TM1 (Applix) and/or SQL extremely helpful
· Must be lifelong learner
· Positive attitude, and growth mindset.
How to Apply
Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements listed above. Email us a cover letter (required) with your most recent resume and salary requirements attached. The cover letter should detail your experience relevant to this opportunity and include the reasons for your interest in the position.
Remember: A cover letter as described above is required, as is salary requirements. Candidates wishing to receive serious consideration should avoid generic cover letters. Please email all cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org