On December 22, 2017, IBM made available release 9 for IBM Cognos Analytics. Below is a breakdown of what's new in IBM Cognos Analytics Release 9! If you are looking for what was new in release 8 or 7 click here. Release 8 Blog
- Latitude and Longitude Support for maps
- Label Axis Orientation
- Ability to use horizontal, vertical stagger and rotate 45 degree. You can also use the automatic setting to allow IBM Cognos Analytics to fit best.
- Full Screen Mode
- User can now expand the dashboard to fill the screen for easier viewing. To exit, simply hit esc.
- Narrow Side Navigation Bar
- In consumption mode, the default is the skinny bar thus providing better spacing on the screen,
IBM has updated the spreadsheet file which contains the boundaries types and complete list of polygon with names and aliases. It can be found here. Map Support File
Planning Analytics Integration:
- Subsets in Planning Analytics now available in Cognos Analytics
- Available in both dashboards and reporting
- Must be Planning Analytics. TM1 built cubes are not supported for subsets.
- Subsets work like any other subset of data.
- Filters of subsets in dashboard mode
- Known issue in release 9 regarding drill down on subsets. Slated for fix in release 10.
There is also a number of bug fixes and minor enhancements with release 9. IBM has committed to proving a number of releases each year with some being major and some minor. I would anticipate a major release sometime in the first part of 2018 adding in a number of items from the community wish list. You can add items or vote on existing items by going here. RFE Community
Looking for some great events in 2018? Check out our event page! Lodestar Events and Webinars