Written by Mike Bernaiche, January 26th 2023
It is a new year and IBM has released the first update to Planning Analytics, Planning Analytics Workspace 83. This is not a huge update, but there are a few things included that I wanted to make you aware of. Reminder that updates to Planning Analytics Workspace are cumulative. This means that if you are on version 71, for example, you can upgrade to version 83 without having to install 72 73, 74, etc. On to the changes!
New in Books and Reporting
Set Default Background Color in Tabs – You now can set background color for all tabs in a workspace. Any new tabs will have the default background color. You can, however, select a different color for individual tabs.
Customize Styling for Repeat Column and Row Titles – Formatting properties for repeat columns and rows are located in their own section in properties.
New Properties in Bubble and Scatter Visualizations – several new properties were introduced in Planning Analytics Workspace 83.
- Enable Zoom Bar - The zoom bar allows for horizontal and vertical scrolling in bubble and scatter visualizations. You can now enable the zoom bar in bubble and scatter visualizations to scroll and focus on a smaller area of the visualization.
- Bubble Size Limits - You can specify bubble size limits in bubble and scatter visualizations in the Chart section under Properties. In bubble visualizations, you can specify the minimum and maximum values for the bubble size. Bubbles for values that are below the minimum size appear as the minimum size, while bubbles for values that are above the maximum size appear as the maximum size.
- Show Item Values and Axis Grid Lines - Two new properties, show item value grid lines and show item value grid lines, have replaced the show grid lines property in bubble and scatter visualizations. These new properties now let you show or hide item value and axis value grid lines independently of each other.
New Properties in Line and Column Charts –
- Enable Zoom Bar – This works the same way as above in the bubble and scatter charts.
- Formatting Options for Column Value and Point Value Labels - You can format column value labels and point value labels in line and column visualizations. Value labels can now display as values or percentages of a category or color.
- Alignment Position for Zero - In line and column visualizations, you can control whether the line and column sections have zero in the same position with the new Align axes zero property.
- Change Line Width - You can now change the line width in line and column visualizations by specifying the thickness of the line. By default, the line width is set to 2 px.
Depreciation Notice – Planning Analytics Workspace 83
Starting in Planning Analytics Workspace 84, the classic dimension editor will not be available in the modeling workbench. All dimension creation and maintenance in the modeling workbench must be performed in the new experience dimension editor. The new experience dimension editor was introduced on the modeling workbench in Planning Analytics Workspace version 82.
There you have it, everything new in Planning Analytics Workspace 83. If you missed my other blogs on new features in previous versions, I’m providing links below for you to read. Over the past year, IBM has added a ton of features and enhancements to Planning Analytics Workspace. If you have any questions or want to discuss upgrading, please reach out at email@example.com.
For a complete listing direct from IBM, please visit What's new in Planning Analytics Workspace.