July 31st, 2020
We are often asked; how can I bring my TM1 data into other software and create reports or dashboards? There is an easy answer to this question, TM1 Connect. TM1 Connect allows you to take your TM1 data and bring it into PowerBI, Tableau, Qlick or any other ODBC. Even better this gives you real time data. Don’t be fooled by the name, it works with Planning Analytics seamlessly!
There are different options to export TM1 data but why settle for a manual process? Check out TM1 connect and get your TM1 data in real time in whatever BI tool you use.
How Does TM1 Connect Work?
In TM1 connect, you can create views of the data from TM1. This view generates an SQL statement which can be further refined by filters that get applied to the SQL statement. This is all drag and drop technology, so you don’t need to know how to write SQL statements, but you have the choice to do so if you have the skillset. Another feature is the ability to bring in Metadata like hierarchies. You can balance ragged hierarchies with the click of a few buttons.
- Dynamic real time access to TM1 data, no need to import or export, expose all data from TM1
- Share your data with your reporting tools including Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI and more!
- Generates a relational output format that requires no scripting
- Reduce reliance on consulting and IT services by no longer using the manual extraction process
- Smart cache reduces the burden on your TM1 server by caching data within TM1 Connect
- Allows you to create and maintain your data conversions in minutes vs. weeks
What Else Does TM1 Connect Do?
- In addition to direct connectivity, TM1 Connect provides scheduled batch data exports in several formats, including comma delimited (CSV) and tab delimited (TAB) text files.
- TM1 Connect now incorporates data streaming technology for improved performance and reduced memory consumption.
- With our ODBC driver, you can connect directly to IBM Cognos TM1 without the need to export and import data. Changes in TM1 cubes are available in real time to your applications.
- Create direct access data views & file extracts using a multidimensional graphical interface. No need for scripting or complex logic for dealing with hierarchies.
- Honors security defined in TM1 as users request information. No need to re-create security controls in your applications.
- You have fine grained control over when and how the cache is refreshed for your reporting and visualization users.
How Do I Purchase?
Lodestar is a resale partner with TM1 Connect and can work with you to understand your needs and provide a quote. It is important to know the number of users that need to access the data from TM1/PA and the number of TM1 servers that need to be connected. Contact us for a free consultation and demo.